Thursday 18 June 2009

Only Five Degrees

Apparently I now only need another five degrees of planter/dorsi movement and I'll be able to walk properly... Only five degrees? May as well be a hundred. My Physio thinks it is possible. My ankle is 'springy' rather than 'clunky'. For 'springy' read potential to improve. So now I have yet more exercises. Walking sideways like a crab and trying not to fall over. Walking with one foot immediately in front of the other and trying not to fall over. Learning the Taoist Walk (Tai Chi): an exercise in extreme concentration, patience and balance. And still all the old exercises too.

Work continues on my knee. Its still twinging and so still a constraint to progress. Current assessment is that I should be able to sort the knee issues within six weeks. If I keep at the physio and the gym. It hurts in the pool after 15 lengths of breaststroke. This is immensely frustrating. But with backstroke the pain kicks in immediately. Time for swimming lessons. Except of course there is no time. So much to do. So little time. And so much energy required. There's a self help manual to be written in this somewhere. I could make my fortune. Star on Oprah Winfrey. Write a column for the Guardian. But no time, of course, to sit down and script the sodding thing.

No comments: