Wednesday 1 April 2009

From strength to strength

Something has changed in the last few days. Suddenly I have a lot more energy. Twelve laps of the pool is effortless. An hour in the gym before hand is relatively easy. And when I get home, I'm ready for more action. Between physio and the gym I have five work outs a week - and I'm still looking for more...

My first bus trip, the No. 42 to Stockbridge, was seamless and successful (apart from the arrogant twit in the BMW parked in the bus stop - forcing the bus driver to stop in the middle of the road - why, why is it always BMW drivers...?). Now that I can get the bus I am mobile although I still have to manage the hobble to and from the bus stops.

And now that I can get the bus, I can ween myself off patient transport - which means less waiting around and a lot more certainty (bus timetables permitting). There are only two buses an hour direct to the hospital but at least I can choose which one I take.

I am feeling better. I can do more things. I am less tired. So here lies the rub. Boredom is a real and present danger. How to manage my time in the period where work isn't quite possible but my brain and body think they are ready for a more 'normal' lifestyle. And will my next operation knock this on the head?

It must be time to pick up the Spanish books...

1 comment:

Jordina said...

Yes, pick up your Spanish books and come to visit us soon. We think of you a lot and we hope to meet you soon:))